Sunday, December 15, 2013

A Christmas Favor

A lot of people seek to do something charitable this time of year.  They donate to a worthy charity.  Some deliver a meal to friends or family.   Some years you just don't have any extra money to give or not enough to give to all those you would like.  You know what you can always give?  Encouragement. Kind words.  This week, out of no where, a friend of mine sent me an encouraging message.  I needed it.  I have left the tab open on my computer to re-read it, as I needed it even more a few days later.  I tear up every time I read it.  I have not responded because I cannot think of words to adequately express my appreciation.
So, if you are looking for a way to give back this Christmas, take a few minutes and tell someone how much you appreciate them.  Tell them that you've noticed their hard work or their kindness.  You don't have to look hard to find someone, but look a bit farther than you usually would and find someone you might otherwise overlook.  Along those lines, I would like to ask for help in showing my appreciation to the hardest working person I know.  My husband.  This Christmas season, if you know my husband, would you mind sending him a message (FB, email, snail mail) and tell him something you appreciate about him?  Unless you live in our house, you probably will never realize how hard he works to take care of me, our kids, our home and a full time (and then some) job.  He doesn't just clock into work and clock out again eight hours later.  He genuinely cares about his clients.  Buying or selling a house is one of the most stressful things you do in this life, and Derek chose his profession because he wants to help people through the stressful time.  It's not easy, but he's good at it.  He invests himself in his clients.  He does it while also being the primary care giver for our small children.  He does that on top of taking care of his chronically ill wife.  He prepares our meals.  He does the dishes.  He cleans the house.  He does the shopping, and anything else that needs to be done.  And he still manages to be a friend.  So, again, please send him a message of appreciation this Christmas.  It won't cost you anything (maybe a stamp if you use snail mail), but it will mean a lot to us.  Thank you, and Merry Christmas!

**I'm hiding this link from him so it will be a surprise.  Please keep the secret. 

2 comments:

  1. Sent a note to your Hubby. Prayed for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Melinda! Well written. I will do something for him this week. :)

    ReplyDelete